Target offering free gift card with iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple TV purchase
The discount department store Target is offering a free gift card with the purchase of several Apple products this week. As first noticed by 9to5 Mac, Target's weekly circular is offering gift cards ranging from US$10-$50 with the purchase of various iOS devices and the Apple TV. 9to5 Mac states that some Target locations aren't offering free gift cards on the entire line of iOS devices, but we found that most of the gift cards are available via purchases made on Target's online store.
Here are the deals:
- Buy an iPad with Retina display and get a $50 Target gift card.
- Buy an iPad mini and get a $40 Target gift card.
- Buy an iPhone 5 and get a $25 Target gift card. (It's not clear if an in-store purchase is required with this one)
- Buy an fifth-generation iPod touch and get a $20 Target gift card.
- Buy an Apple TV and get a $10 Target gift card.
The free gift card promotion ends at 11:59 PM ET on Saturday, July 13th.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter