Steam's annual summer sale is now live
Steam is the undisputed ruler of digital game distribution for gamers on Windows PCs as well as Macs. While only a portion of the games on the service's virtual store shelves are Mac-compatible, seeing those titles get huge discounts is always worth celebrating. And celebrate we shall, as Steam has launched its annual summer sale, cutting the prices on many of the service's most popular titles.
The sale lasts from today through July 22, with new deals revealed every day. On top of that, a "Flash Sales" section will showcase new deals every eight hours for the entirety of the event. For Mac-equipped gamers, you can currently save anywhere from 20 to 75 percent on titles like Don't Starve, Left 4 Dead 2 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Get you wallets ready.
Steam is the undisputed ruler of digital game distribution for gamers on Windows PCs as well as Macs, and while only a fraction of the games on the service's virtual store shelves are Mac compatible, seeing those games get huge discounts is always worth celebrating.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs