Logitech announces stylish Bluetooth Speakers Z600
Logitech has announced another in a series of Apple-compatible accessories, this time a pair of Bluetooth speakers that will compliment any MacBook or iPad. The Logitech Bluetooth Speakers Z600 (US$149.99) are currently available for pre-order on the Logitech website, and will be widely available in the US and Europe in August.
The speakers resemble stretched power plant cooling towers, which sounds weird, but actually looks good. On the back of one of the "towers" you can find controls, and both speakers are connected to the power adapter and each other by specially designed lie-flat cables. The circular top of one speaker acts as a touch-sensitive volume control, and up to three devices can be paired to the speakers at any time.
If you happen to be one of those folks who has an old Mac that you purchased in the pre-Bluetooth years, don't worry. The Bluetooth Speakers Z600 come with a special USB dongle that allows almost any device to stream music to the speakers.
TUAW is expecting to get a pair of the Bluetooth Speakers Z600 soon for a full review. In the meantime, start clearing some space on your desktop for these slender towers of sound.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options