Logitech announces stylish Bluetooth Speakers Z600
Logitech has announced another in a series of Apple-compatible accessories, this time a pair of Bluetooth speakers that will compliment any MacBook or iPad. The Logitech Bluetooth Speakers Z600 (US$149.99) are currently available for pre-order on the Logitech website, and will be widely available in the US and Europe in August.
The speakers resemble stretched power plant cooling towers, which sounds weird, but actually looks good. On the back of one of the "towers" you can find controls, and both speakers are connected to the power adapter and each other by specially designed lie-flat cables. The circular top of one speaker acts as a touch-sensitive volume control, and up to three devices can be paired to the speakers at any time.
If you happen to be one of those folks who has an old Mac that you purchased in the pre-Bluetooth years, don't worry. The Bluetooth Speakers Z600 come with a special USB dongle that allows almost any device to stream music to the speakers.
TUAW is expecting to get a pair of the Bluetooth Speakers Z600 soon for a full review. In the meantime, start clearing some space on your desktop for these slender towers of sound.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs