SimCity finally coming to Mac on Aug 29
SimCity fans with Macs rejoice! You're finally going to have a version of SimCity that will run natively on your favorite computer. Electronic Arts has announced that the classic sim game will finally make it to OS X on August 29, 2013.
The game was originally supposed to arrive on June 11, but EA pushed the release to August in early June. At the time, SimCity's senior producer Kip Katsarelis blogged that "we do not believe [the Mac version] is ready for prime time yet," and that "we want to ensure the Mac is a great experience for our players and that is why we are taking more."
The Mac version will be compatible with the Windows version, so you can build and grow your city from either platform. If you've purchased SimCity for Windows, you'll be able to download the Mac version through Origin, which is EA's digital distribution service.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free