SimCity finally coming to Mac on Aug 29
SimCity fans with Macs rejoice! You're finally going to have a version of SimCity that will run natively on your favorite computer. Electronic Arts has announced that the classic sim game will finally make it to OS X on August 29, 2013.
The game was originally supposed to arrive on June 11, but EA pushed the release to August in early June. At the time, SimCity's senior producer Kip Katsarelis blogged that "we do not believe [the Mac version] is ready for prime time yet," and that "we want to ensure the Mac is a great experience for our players and that is why we are taking more."
The Mac version will be compatible with the Windows version, so you can build and grow your city from either platform. If you've purchased SimCity for Windows, you'll be able to download the Mac version through Origin, which is EA's digital distribution service.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update