VEVO for iOS adds full AirPlay support
Popular music video app VEVO has been updated with full AirPlay streaming support. The music video-streaming app is extremely popular among teenagers and young adults as it features over 75,000 music videos by 21,000 artists. VEVO also offers live performances and original shows.
The addition of AirPlay support for VEVO comes at a time when media streaming from device to television is becoming ever more popular. Apple has supported such a feature through its AirPlay technology and AppleTV for years and, more recently, Google has entered the fray with its Chromecast hardware. The news of VEVO AirPlay support also comes at a time when AllThingsD has reported that a VEVO app may be added as a channel on the Apple TV.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature