Report: Roku a more popular streaming device than Apple TV
The research firm of Parks Associates recently surveyed 10,000 US households with broadband connections and found that of all the households that use streaming set-top boxes, 37 percent use Roku devices, while only 24 percent use Apple TV. The survey was conducted during the first three months of 2013.
Is Apple's beloved hobby losing its mojo?
Recall a recent research study from Frost & Sullivan which found that more than half (56 percent to be exact) of all streaming devices sold in the US during 2012 were Apple TVs. Trailing far behind was Roku with a 21.5 percent share.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature