Report: Roku a more popular streaming device than Apple TV
The research firm of Parks Associates recently surveyed 10,000 US households with broadband connections and found that of all the households that use streaming set-top boxes, 37 percent use Roku devices, while only 24 percent use Apple TV. The survey was conducted during the first three months of 2013.
Is Apple's beloved hobby losing its mojo?
Recall a recent research study from Frost & Sullivan which found that more than half (56 percent to be exact) of all streaming devices sold in the US during 2012 were Apple TVs. Trailing far behind was Roku with a 21.5 percent share.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app