World's smallest working Mac is a tiny work of art
Make no mistake -- this is a full working Mac running System 6. In fact, if anything, it's a bit more impressive than the original Mac as it has an Ethernet port, two USB ports and HDMI output. Inside, there are also WiFi and Bluetooth dongles attached to an internal USB hub to provide wireless connectivity.
Mini Mac is made at one-third scale, with the exterior pieces lovingly cut from Sintra PVC plastic with an X-Acto knife, filed and sanded to match the bevels and curves around the screen, and then glued together.
Leake mentioned during the podcast announcing Mini Mac that it took him about 12 hours to complete assembly, and that if he decides to make more of these little Macs, he'd rather use a 3D printer to create the case. Below is a very short video snippet showing Mini Mac running the After Dark screensaver.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update