World's smallest working Mac is a tiny work of art
Make no mistake -- this is a full working Mac running System 6. In fact, if anything, it's a bit more impressive than the original Mac as it has an Ethernet port, two USB ports and HDMI output. Inside, there are also WiFi and Bluetooth dongles attached to an internal USB hub to provide wireless connectivity.
Mini Mac is made at one-third scale, with the exterior pieces lovingly cut from Sintra PVC plastic with an X-Acto knife, filed and sanded to match the bevels and curves around the screen, and then glued together.
Leake mentioned during the podcast announcing Mini Mac that it took him about 12 hours to complete assembly, and that if he decides to make more of these little Macs, he'd rather use a 3D printer to create the case. Below is a very short video snippet showing Mini Mac running the After Dark screensaver.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features