Night Vision Camcorder offers low-light iOS video capture, sleazy marketing
For US$1.99, the Night Vision Camcorder app does exactly what it says on the label. It enhances sensors so you can better see and record low-light sources.
The marketing for this app, which was developed in Russia, is frankly appalling. It shows numerous young "hotties" in a low-light club atmosphere. Cynicism and misogyny drip from the app screen shots.
Feel free to ignore the skeezy marketing.
For two bucks, what you get is actually a really cool and useful tool that you can use for finding items that have dropped to the floor under your desk or for capturing video and photos without deploying a flash.
The app offers numerous features, including a user-guided amplifier, front and rear camera pickers, LED flash control, zoom and more, making this a solid value -- despite the creep-out.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature