Night Vision Camcorder offers low-light iOS video capture, sleazy marketing
For US$1.99, the Night Vision Camcorder app does exactly what it says on the label. It enhances sensors so you can better see and record low-light sources.
The marketing for this app, which was developed in Russia, is frankly appalling. It shows numerous young "hotties" in a low-light club atmosphere. Cynicism and misogyny drip from the app screen shots.
Feel free to ignore the skeezy marketing.
For two bucks, what you get is actually a really cool and useful tool that you can use for finding items that have dropped to the floor under your desk or for capturing video and photos without deploying a flash.
The app offers numerous features, including a user-guided amplifier, front and rear camera pickers, LED flash control, zoom and more, making this a solid value -- despite the creep-out.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter