Night Vision Camcorder offers low-light iOS video capture, sleazy marketing
For US$1.99, the Night Vision Camcorder app does exactly what it says on the label. It enhances sensors so you can better see and record low-light sources.
The marketing for this app, which was developed in Russia, is frankly appalling. It shows numerous young "hotties" in a low-light club atmosphere. Cynicism and misogyny drip from the app screen shots.
Feel free to ignore the skeezy marketing.
For two bucks, what you get is actually a really cool and useful tool that you can use for finding items that have dropped to the floor under your desk or for capturing video and photos without deploying a flash.
The app offers numerous features, including a user-guided amplifier, front and rear camera pickers, LED flash control, zoom and more, making this a solid value -- despite the creep-out.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options