ESPN adds two new channels to iOS, Apple TV apps
Today ESPN has announced that it has added two new channels to its iOS and Apple TV apps. The new channels are ESPN Deportes and ESPNEWS on WatchESPN. ESPN Deportes is the company's 24-hour Spanish channel offering content to US Latino sports fans. ESPNEWS is dedicated to sports news.
In the press release announcing the new channels, David Preschlack, executive vice president, Disney and ESPN Media Networks, said, "ESPN Deportes and ESPNEWS serve different audiences, and with today's launch on WatchESPN, we're now able to deliver both networks across all screens to their respective viewers. At the same time, we are building greater value to the multichannel video subscription for customers of our distributors by adding a wider range of networks available on WatchESPN."
The channels are free and can be found inside your existing WatchESPN apps on your iOS devices and your Apple TV. However, they do require that you are a subscriber to certain packages from one of the following providers: Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Verizon FiOS TV, Comcast Xfinity TV, Midcontinent Communications, Cablevision's Optimum TV, Cox, Charter or AT&T U-verse.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature