EA reports SimCity Mac installation issues have been resolved
Yesterday was a rough day for a certain segment of Mac gamers looking to download and play SimCity on their rigs for the first time.
Almost immediately after the game went live, the official SimCity forums were flooded with reports from customers unable to install the game on their systems. Developer Maxis advised gamers to reinstall EA's Origin download service in order to correct the issues, though that solution seemed to be rather hit or miss, based on firsthand reports. Now, Maxis has informed us that a fix has been found and, presumably, those unable to install their SimCity downloads yesterday will be able to do so now.
A Maxis spokesperson had this to say:
We are pleased to advise that the installation-related issues some players experienced with SimCity on Mac have been resolved.
This solves one of the more critical issues that plagued yesterday's launch, but those experiencing problems with screen resolution and general gameplay woes should still seek out individualized help on the EA forums to ensure a smooth experience.
If you were one of the unfortunate players who were affected by yesterday's launch woes, let us know in the comments if your issues have been rectified.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration