DICE+ digital gaming dice for iOS now shipping
Polish developer Game Technologies has announced that its Bluetooth die DICE+ is now shipping. The six-sided Bluetooth die has an LED on each side and a built-in accelerometer, thermometer and magnetometer, which allows it not only to be used as a digital die, but also as a motion controller. Using DICE+, gamers can play a number of social games on their iPad or Android tablet.
The makers of Dice+ are positioning the device as a communal gaming experience, much like the family board games we all grew up with. However, instead of being a piece of cardboard, those boardgames now live on our tablet's touchscreen.
For now, DICE+ only supports seven games -- mostly strategy and turn-based multiplayer games -- but the company plans to roll out an SDK soon so other game makers can easily integrate support for the device. DICE+ is shipping today for US$39.99. You can purchase it from the company's web store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature