DICE+ digital gaming dice for iOS now shipping
Polish developer Game Technologies has announced that its Bluetooth die DICE+ is now shipping. The six-sided Bluetooth die has an LED on each side and a built-in accelerometer, thermometer and magnetometer, which allows it not only to be used as a digital die, but also as a motion controller. Using DICE+, gamers can play a number of social games on their iPad or Android tablet.
The makers of Dice+ are positioning the device as a communal gaming experience, much like the family board games we all grew up with. However, instead of being a piece of cardboard, those boardgames now live on our tablet's touchscreen.
For now, DICE+ only supports seven games -- mostly strategy and turn-based multiplayer games -- but the company plans to roll out an SDK soon so other game makers can easily integrate support for the device. DICE+ is shipping today for US$39.99. You can purchase it from the company's web store.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter