Mini Jambox pre-orders start tomorrow
Most smartphone users are familiar with the fine quality of Jawbone's Bluetooth headsets, but they expanded into the speaker market in 2010 with a wireless speaker and speakerphone. The US$179.99 Jambox hit the market running in time for the holiday season and later the $299.99 Big Jambox was introduced. Now Jawbone delivers a smaller and more easily portable product.
The 9 oz. Mini Jambox is available to order today on Jawbone's site and will appear in retail stores later in September. This $179.99 stylish Bluetooth speaker features a "single piece of extruded aluminum that makes up both the framework and the face of the speaker." It is airtight and uses two neodymium drivers and a passive bass radiator. The Bluetooth Mini Jambox includes 3.5 stereo input and a micro-USB port and cables are included. You can connect two devices at the same time and the rechargeable Lithium-ion battery offers about 10 hours of play time.
In addition to nine eye-catching colors, the aluminum front is customized with different grill patterns, depending on which color you order. Unlike other speaker / speakerphones in this class, Jawbone offers a free iOS that lets you curate your playlists and customize the Talk button, including activating Siri.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options