Mini Jambox pre-orders start tomorrow
Most smartphone users are familiar with the fine quality of Jawbone's Bluetooth headsets, but they expanded into the speaker market in 2010 with a wireless speaker and speakerphone. The US$179.99 Jambox hit the market running in time for the holiday season and later the $299.99 Big Jambox was introduced. Now Jawbone delivers a smaller and more easily portable product.
The 9 oz. Mini Jambox is available to order today on Jawbone's site and will appear in retail stores later in September. This $179.99 stylish Bluetooth speaker features a "single piece of extruded aluminum that makes up both the framework and the face of the speaker." It is airtight and uses two neodymium drivers and a passive bass radiator. The Bluetooth Mini Jambox includes 3.5 stereo input and a micro-USB port and cables are included. You can connect two devices at the same time and the rechargeable Lithium-ion battery offers about 10 hours of play time.
In addition to nine eye-catching colors, the aluminum front is customized with different grill patterns, depending on which color you order. Unlike other speaker / speakerphones in this class, Jawbone offers a free iOS that lets you curate your playlists and customize the Talk button, including activating Siri.
Most smartphone users are familiar with the fine quality of Jawbone's Bluetooth headsets, but they expanded into the speaker market in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free