mLogic announces mBack external drive that lives on the back of your iMac
mLogic has announced the "world's first" zero-footprint hard drive for iMac and Apple displays, called the mBack. The mBack works by fastening to the cord hole via an adapter on the back of an iMac or Apple display, allowing it to take up no physical space on your desk. Even when the drive is attached, the mBack allows the iMac's or Apple display's power cable to run through its original opening.
The mBack is bus-powered, so it doesn't require an additional power cord cluttering up space, and comes in white and aluminum to match Apple's hardware. It's USB 3.0-compatible and comes in sizes ranging from 500 GB to 2 TB. It's also Time Machine-ready right out of the box.
Interested users can purchase the mBack now from mLogic's website. The mBack cost US$100 for the 500 GB drive, $150 for the 1 TB drive and $260 for the 2 TB drive.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs