Apple releases OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5
Apple has just released OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 via Software Update. The update offers a number of fixes including ones for Mail, Xsan and AFP file transfers. The full release notes:
The OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5 Update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users. It improves the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. This update:
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from displaying messages.
- Improves AFP file transfer performance over 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
- Resolves an issue that may prevent a screen saver from starting automatically.
- Improves Xsan reliability.
- Improves reliability when transferring large files over Ethernet.
- Improves performance when authenticating to an Open Directory server.
- Addresses an issue that prevented a smart card from unlocking preference panes in System Preferences.
- Contains the improvements included in MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0.
OS X 10.8.5 can be downloaded by running Software Update on your Mac.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature