Apple TV 6.0 update now available, adds iTunes Radio support, AirPlay from iCloud and more
It's been expected, but now an AppleTV update has arrived. The new 6.0 firmware adds support for iTunes Radio and purchases from the iTunes Music Store. In addition, updating adds podcast syncing, viewing of shared photo streams and AirPlay from iCloud. This update gets the AppleTV feature parity with iOS 7.
The new firmware also upgrades the AirPlay wireless streaming feature, so you can now play iTunes store-purchased content on other AppleTVs.
The download and install was very slow for me today, likely because Apple servers are slammed with all the other updates people are doing with new iPhones and in upgrading devices to iOS 7.
Apple has been enhancing the AppleTV software recently, and has added new apps for Vevo, The Weather Channel, Disney Channel and other content sources.
To get the update on your AppleTV, go to Settings > General and select "Update Software." This update works on the second- and third-generation Apple TVs.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync