Apple releases new build of Apple TV 6.0 software
A day after pulling the Apple TV 6.0 update, Apple has released a new build to the public. The original Apple TV 6.0 that was pulled had the build number of 11A470e. That version proved to provide significant problems for some Apple TV owners, including the loss of content and bricking of their Apple TVs.
The new Apple TV 6.0 update, released tonight, has the build number 11A502, and offers everything the first Apple TV 6.0 update did –- including iTunes Radio, podcast syncing, and AirPlay from iCloud -- presumably without the bugs. Users can go into Settings > General > Software Update on their Apple TV's to grab the latest version.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync