Apple releases new build of Apple TV 6.0 software
A day after pulling the Apple TV 6.0 update, Apple has released a new build to the public. The original Apple TV 6.0 that was pulled had the build number of 11A470e. That version proved to provide significant problems for some Apple TV owners, including the loss of content and bricking of their Apple TVs.
The new Apple TV 6.0 update, released tonight, has the build number 11A502, and offers everything the first Apple TV 6.0 update did –- including iTunes Radio, podcast syncing, and AirPlay from iCloud -- presumably without the bugs. Users can go into Settings > General > Software Update on their Apple TV's to grab the latest version.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app