Apple releases new build of Apple TV 6.0 software
A day after pulling the Apple TV 6.0 update, Apple has released a new build to the public. The original Apple TV 6.0 that was pulled had the build number of 11A470e. That version proved to provide significant problems for some Apple TV owners, including the loss of content and bricking of their Apple TVs.
The new Apple TV 6.0 update, released tonight, has the build number 11A502, and offers everything the first Apple TV 6.0 update did –- including iTunes Radio, podcast syncing, and AirPlay from iCloud -- presumably without the bugs. Users can go into Settings > General > Software Update on their Apple TV's to grab the latest version.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter