Pixelmator updated with 2x speed boost, new file format
Popular Mac photo editor Pixelmator has received an incremental point upgrade today, yet it features some significant changes to the software. Pixelmator version 2.2.1 introduces a completely new file type format that allows for much faster performance, saving and superior iCloud integration. According to the release notes, the file format offers:
A completely new Pixelmator file format that uses all of the today's OS X technologies and makes your image editing even faster and more enjoyable:
- 2x faster: It can open and save your Pixelmator documents twice as fast compared with the previous Pixelmator file format.
- Saves in background: This means that while you play with your images, Pixelmator automatically saves the changes in the background.
- Faster saving to iCloud: The first image file format to save only the edits you make to iCloud instead of saving the whole picture each time. So it takes less time to save and you have more time to enjoy image editing.
- Progress bar: The new Pixelmator file format allows us to show a progress bar with accurate status while opening and saving documents.
- Quick Look support: A better Quick Look support that lets you preview your Pixelmator document without even opening it.
Additionally, the Pixelmator 2.2.1 update brings a host of other improvements, including a more feature-rich Effects Browser and enhanced effects. Pixelmator version 2.2.1 is a free download for those that already own the app, or can be bought in the Mac App Store for US$14.99.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync