Skype for Mac 6.9 arrives, bringing more screen-sharing options
Microsoft has released Skype for Mac 6.9, which adds a new screen-sharing option and bug fixes. The biggest new feature of Skype 6.9 is that now users can easily share just a single window on their screen instead of sharing their entire screen with another Skype user. This significantly increases privacy while screen sharing as you now can keep your other windows and items on your desktop out of sight.
In addition to the new screen-sharing option, Skype 6.9 now supports three additional languages including Swedish, Finnish and European Portuguese. There are also a number of significant bug fixes, including a particularly annoying one which caused the name field to overlap a mood message. There's also a fix for disappearing chat messages, toolbar search field improvements and more.
Skype 6.9 for Mac is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options