Apple TV adds Major League Soccer, Disney Junior
Apple TV may still just be a hobby for Apple, but the company sure has been devoting a lot of time in recent months shoring up the channel selection on its nimble little black box.
Earlier today, Apple issued an over-the-air update for the Apple TV which adds two new channel selections for users; a Major League Soccer (MLS) channel and a Disney Junior channel.
If you're an avid soccer fan and need your MLS soccer fix while not watching international play, the MLS channel really delivers the goods. The channel offers free on-demand video highlights, game analysis, news updates, fantasy soccer advice, player profiles and more.
If you sign up for a US$14.99/month subscription to MLS Live, you'll also gain access to live game streams in addition to archival game footage from past matches. Naturally, an MLS Live subscription can be purchased via Apple TV.
Apple has certainly busied itself with beefing up its Apple TV offerings as of late. Since June, they've added the Disney Channel, a Vevo channel, the Weather Channel, a Sky News channel, a Smithsonian channel, HBO Go, WatchESPN and more.
And last but not least, Apple TV was recently updated to include support for iTunes Radio and AirPlay from iCloud streaming.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features