It's a date! Carl Icahn and Tim Cook to meet next Monday
After investor Carl Icahn made a big splash by purchasing about US$2 billion worth of Apple Stock last month, he said via Twitter that he was going to have dinner with Tim Cook to discuss the "magnitude" of Apple's share buyback program. CNBC is reporting that the two will be meeting Monday in New York City, although it may not be over dinner.
Icahn isn't a "top 10" shareholder in the company, but his stake -- and influence -- is still impressive enough that Cook wants to meet with him.
For more on the "date" and other breathless banter by CNBC's morning team, check out the video embed below.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter