It's a date! Carl Icahn and Tim Cook to meet next Monday
After investor Carl Icahn made a big splash by purchasing about US$2 billion worth of Apple Stock last month, he said via Twitter that he was going to have dinner with Tim Cook to discuss the "magnitude" of Apple's share buyback program. CNBC is reporting that the two will be meeting Monday in New York City, although it may not be over dinner.
Icahn isn't a "top 10" shareholder in the company, but his stake -- and influence -- is still impressive enough that Cook wants to meet with him.
For more on the "date" and other breathless banter by CNBC's morning team, check out the video embed below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free