Mac mini prices climb in several countries
The iMac refresh earlier this week apparently wasn't the only change to the Apple lineup. 9to5Mac is reporting that all Mac mini configurations are now more expensive in a number of countries, including Australia, Brazil, Portugal and Malaysia.
As an example of the price bumps, the prices of the Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz, Intel Core i7 2.3 GHz and Mac mini with OS X Server models are currently A$749, A$999 and A$1,249, respectively. Previously, the same three models sold for A$699, A$899 and A$1,099.
Some accessories are also a bit more expensive in certain countries, with MacRumors reporting that UK customers are now paying £2 more for an Apple Wireless Keyboard, £8 more for replacement MacBook and MacBook Pro batteries and £15 more for a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter.
The Mac mini hasn't been updated recently, and still uses the last-generation Intel Ivy Bridge processors instead of the newer Haswell processors. Whether the mini will receive a refresh during next month's expected Apple event is unknown, or it could just suddenly end up with new specifications like the iMac did this week.
The iMac refresh earlier this week apparently wasn't the only change to the Apple lineup. 9to5Mac is reporting that all Mac mini...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free