Mac mini prices climb in several countries
The iMac refresh earlier this week apparently wasn't the only change to the Apple lineup. 9to5Mac is reporting that all Mac mini configurations are now more expensive in a number of countries, including Australia, Brazil, Portugal and Malaysia.
As an example of the price bumps, the prices of the Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz, Intel Core i7 2.3 GHz and Mac mini with OS X Server models are currently A$749, A$999 and A$1,249, respectively. Previously, the same three models sold for A$699, A$899 and A$1,099.
Some accessories are also a bit more expensive in certain countries, with MacRumors reporting that UK customers are now paying £2 more for an Apple Wireless Keyboard, £8 more for replacement MacBook and MacBook Pro batteries and £15 more for a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter.
The Mac mini hasn't been updated recently, and still uses the last-generation Intel Ivy Bridge processors instead of the newer Haswell processors. Whether the mini will receive a refresh during next month's expected Apple event is unknown, or it could just suddenly end up with new specifications like the iMac did this week.
The iMac refresh earlier this week apparently wasn't the only change to the Apple lineup. 9to5Mac is reporting that all Mac mini...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update