Marked 2 for OS X arrives from the mind of Brett Terpstra
When he's not working behind the scenes at AOL to make sites like Engadget, TUAW and Joystiq look great, Brett Terpstra spends his time writing books and developing amazing apps. Today Brett announced the availability of Marked 2 (US$11.99), the latest iteration of his Markdown preview application for OS X.
To start with, here's what Marked is all about: if you use a text editor to write formatted documents in Markdown, Marked provides a real-time preview of how that formatting will look once your document is posted online or printed. The original version of the app is still supported and available on the App Store for $3.99, but longtime users of Marked will definitely want to point themselves in the direction of the Marked 2 website and get the new version with all of its many features:
- Built-in MultiMarkdown 4.2, including in-line footnotes
- Support for Fountain and CriticMarkup
- Improved search features, including case-sensitive and whole-word options
- Live highlighting of common or overused phrases
- Additional export file types, including DOC, DOCX, ODT, RTF, RTFD with included images, and paginated PDF
The full feature set is included in the PR blast below. TUAW will have a full review of Marked 2 in the near future.
Brett Terpstra today releases Marked 2 for OS X. Marked allows you to preview your Markdown as you write in your favorite text editor. It tracks your file changes & updates the preview as you go, automatically scrolling to the point in the file where you're currently working. Marked 2 brings a new level of high-quality writing tools to the best Markdown previewer in the world. In addition to Scrivener support, it now supports everything from clipboard previews to MarsEdit blog post previews.
Winona, Minnesota - Independent developer, author and blogger, Brett Terpstra today is pleased to announce the release of Marked 2 for OS X. Marked is an app which allows you to preview your Markdown (in any flavor) as you write in your favorite text editor. It tracks your file changes and updates the preview as you go, even automatically scrolling to the point in the file where you're currently working. Marked 2 expands the feature set greatly.
Marked 2 ($11.99) includes a rewrite of the file watching system for speed and accuracy. It speeds up just about every part of the app, making it even easier to get your work done without worrying about how it's going to look or waiting for your preview to update.
In addition to Scrivener support, Marked now supports everything from clipboard previews to MarsEdit blog post previews. It has a fast search, keyword highlighting and much more. Here's a taste:
* MultiMarkdown 4.2 built in, including inline footnotes
* Alternative "Discount" parser built in
* Fountain support
* CriticMarkup support
* Advanced document statistics with reading time and readability indexes
* Custom processor, pre-processor and additional arguments fields
* Collapse/expand sections by headlines for fast navigation
New and improved search features:
* Case sensitive option
* Whole word option
* Regular expressions
* CSS selector searching
* Keyword highlighting:
* Live highlighting of common/overused phrases
* Regex/wildcard search for keyword/phrase highlighting
* Keyword drawer with match counter to easily add temporary keywords for highlighting while previewing
HTML preview improvements:
* Detect images in Markdown and HTML and watch for changes
* Detect php include('file')s and watch for changes
* Detect JS and CSS in HTML files and add them to the watch list
More ways to incorporate Marked into your workflow:
* MarsEdit preview
* VoodooPad preview of current page
* Preview clipboard
* Watch any folder and preview the most recently changed file within it
Export palette/Export additional file types:
* Export DOC, DOCX or ODT
* Export RTF, or RTFD with included images
* Paginated PDF export option
Pricing and Availability:
Marked 2 is available exclusively through Paddle for $11.99 (USD). For a limited time, Marked is available as part of the "Cheaper By The Dozen" bundle from Paddle. For $34.99 you can get a wide variety of quality Mac apps, including Marked 2, Raskin, Habits and many more. For a detailed overview of Marked 2 features, please take a look at the documentation online.
Marked 2: http://marked2app.com
Cheaper By The Dozen Mac Bundle: https://www.paddle.com/bundle/cheaper-by-the-dozen-mac-bundle
Download Trial: http://marked2app.com/download/Marked.zip
App Icon: http://marked2app.com/img/Marked-512.png
Brett Terpstra is an independent developer, author and blogger living in Minnesota, US. Copyright (C) 2012 Brett Terpstra. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature