Dropbox for Mac adds 'Import from iPhoto,' more features
Dropbox has released version 2.4 of its OS X desktop client that adds a number of new features including the ability to import photos directly from iPhoto into your Dropbox. The "Import from iPhoto" feature is only supported with iPhoto 7.0 or later. The feature prompts a notification to appear in the Dropbox menu if you have photos in your iPhoto library. You can then set iPhoto Events to be imported automatically into a folder called "Photos from iPhoto" with subfolders for each event.
In addition to the Import from iPhoto even, Dropbox 2.4 also adds:
- Screenshot to Dropbox: any screenshots taken on your Mac will be automatically saved in your Dropbox.
- Move to Dropbox: a contextual menu item that will show up for most files or folders outside of your Dropbox enabling you to quickly move them to your Dropbox.
- Support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Much faster upload/download speeds for large files.
Dropbox 2.4 can be downloaded here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app