Pad & Quill Little Pocket Book for iPhone 5/5s: Review and giveaway
As a reviewer, you know you're getting something special to look at when the item comes hand-wrapped in paper sealed with wax. That was the first thing that caught my attention when Pad & Quill sent over one of their Little Pocket Book wallet cases for the iPhone 5 and 5s (US$69.95, currently on sale for $59.95).
The second thing to catch my eye? The wisely-designed interior wallet that -- for once -- had slots wide enough to easily accept credit cards and IDs. Competing designs have assumed that a slot needs to be exactly as wide as a credit card, which sadly means that you end up forcing cards into those slots.
Not so with the Little Pocket Book. Like every one of the Pad & Quill products I've had the pleasure to review over the years, this wallet case shows an attention to detail in both design and execution. The Little Pocket Book comes in a choice of two exterior leathers, either black or brown. For the brown exterior, there's a choice of Deep Sea Blue or Forest Green for the interior; with the black exterior, the blue interior color is joined by Merlot, French Roast, Plum and Slate Gray.
As with many of Pad & Quill's cases, the iPhone is held into place in a Baltic Birch wood frame that is carefully machined and finished. The leather stitching is perfect inside and out, and there are subtle embossed areas on the front and spine of the case that add texture and class. Everything is held shut by an elastic band, and Pad & Quill even offers personalization with a three-initial embossed monogram on the cover. The Little Pocket Book isn't going to add a lot of weight to your pocket -- even with the solid construction, it only weighs 2.7 oz (76.5 gm).
Pad & Quill certainly has faith in its products: they're now offering a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee, and the leatherwork has a 25-year warranty. That's a heck of a lot longer than your iPhone is probably going to last...
- Three wide slots for credit and ID cards in the wallet, plus a slot for currency
- Incredibly good construction and attention to detail
- Leather warranty is unprecedented in the case business and there's a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee as well
- Made in the USA
- None to speak of
Who is it for?
- The discerning iPhone 5 or 5s owner who wants a good-looking, well-made wallet case that will last for years
We've had our chance at trying out the beautifully functional Little Pocket Book for iPhone 5/5s. Now it's time for you to win one of these craftsman-made cases from Pad & Quill.
Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before October 1, 2013 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive a Pad & Quill Little Pocket Book for iPhone 5/5s valued at $69.95
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration