Apple working on "new secret project" with Maps
Apple posted a job Friday seeking a Maps Web User Interface Designer to work on a "new secret project," according to MacRumors. The original wording has now been removed from the posting, but not before MacRumors made a copy of it. Its description originally read:
Design, develop, and maintain complex front-end code for a new secret project
Document and build unit tests for your code.
Work with operations, QA, and product management to maximize product effectiveness
Though there are no clear signs what the "new secret project" is, it could very well be that Apple wants to offer a web-based version of its maps in addition to its Maps apps for iOS and the upcoming OS X 10.9 Mavericks. A web-base Apple Maps would allow Windows users to easily look up places and directions from their desktops and then send those bookmarked locations or saved directions directly to their iOS devices -- as Mac users will be able to with OS X 10.9 Mavericks this fall.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)