eleMount iPhone/iPad mount Kickstarts its way into production
In keeping with our recent decision to not report on crowdfunding projects until they've passed their initial funding goals, we decided it was a good time to talk about one project that not only passed its US$10,000 goal, but also thoroughly skyrocketed past it. The eleMount is an anodized aluminum mount that uses polyurethane mounting pads to stick to any surface, including the back of your iOS device.
While it can stick to your car dashboard or desk to use as a stand or car mount, the base of the eleMount can also be unscrewed to reveal a standard tripod screw mount. A ball and socket joint is used to move your iPhone or iPad into whatever orientation you desire. In case you're wondering, the material used to stick to surfaces does not leave any residue, so you can attach it to any new or future iOS device without fear of leaving a mark.
The eleMount will retail for an estimated $79.99, while a tripod-only model called eleMount mini will sell for $69.99. The Kickstarter project has a little over a day to go, and if the funding pledges reach over $200,000 (it's at around $174,000 at press time), they'll make a gold model to match up with Apple's new iPhone 5s color. That seems like a worthy goal! Check out the video below to get a feel for how eleMount works, and then head on over to Kickstarter to make your pledge and pre-order one.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync