Apple announces Mac app volume purchase program
Apple has given developers a heads-up that Mac apps will "soon be eligible to participate in the Volume Purchase Program for Business and Education" in the Mac App Store.
The message, which a tipster forwarded to TUAW, notes that the Volume Purchase Program gives educational institutions and businesses a way to purchase multiple copies of an app at one time.
Developers can also choose to offer a discount to educational institutions, at which point institutions purchasing 20 or more copies of an app in a single order get a 50 percent discount. Apps have to be enrolled in the program to be available at the educational discount.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options