Apple announces Mac app volume purchase program
Apple has given developers a heads-up that Mac apps will "soon be eligible to participate in the Volume Purchase Program for Business and Education" in the Mac App Store.
The message, which a tipster forwarded to TUAW, notes that the Volume Purchase Program gives educational institutions and businesses a way to purchase multiple copies of an app at one time.
Developers can also choose to offer a discount to educational institutions, at which point institutions purchasing 20 or more copies of an app in a single order get a 50 percent discount. Apps have to be enrolled in the program to be available at the educational discount.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service