Apple announces Mac app volume purchase program
Apple has given developers a heads-up that Mac apps will "soon be eligible to participate in the Volume Purchase Program for Business and Education" in the Mac App Store.
The message, which a tipster forwarded to TUAW, notes that the Volume Purchase Program gives educational institutions and businesses a way to purchase multiple copies of an app at one time.
Developers can also choose to offer a discount to educational institutions, at which point institutions purchasing 20 or more copies of an app in a single order get a 50 percent discount. Apps have to be enrolled in the program to be available at the educational discount.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs