Turning mugshots into models: We have some fun with Facetune
Facetune is currently one of the most popular purchases on the App Store, due in no small part to its ability to drastically alter your selfies. You can tweak just about every aspect of your portraits, from smoothing skin textures to tweaking tones; you can even go as far as altering the shape of your face. In short, it's a rather powerful tool.
Today, I decided to have some fun with a few photos of people at their worst. Where do people look their worst, you ask? In mugshots, of course!
I snagged a few shots off of Muggn (which obtains the photos via public records) and loaded them into Facetune. Some required more work than others, and I'm not claiming to be a digital wizard when it comes to photo manipulation, but I think we can all agree that the app did a rather respectable job cleaning up many of the scars, teary eyes, tattoos and wrinkles that marred the original photos.
Fabulous, aren't they?
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter