Satechi makes world travel easier with Smart Travel Router and Adapter
As a bona fide world traveler (yeah, I know -- only 50 countries so far), I love to see new products that make life easier for gadget-toting travelers. Now Satechi has come out with a multi-tasker that should find its way into a lot of gizmo bags. The Smart Travel Router and Adapter (US$44.99 introductory price) is a mashup of that staple of international travel -- the plug adapter -- and a WiFi router.
The charger / adapter works in more than 150 countries. It's a plug adapter, so there's no voltage / frequency conversion, but most modern electronics chargers work equally well on 220V / 50Hz and 120V / 60Hz systems. This gives you one AC power port and a 2.1A USB port that can be used simultaneously to charge a couple of devices.
The travel router is really useful, creating an IEEE 802.11b/g/n wireless network from an Ethernet connection. There are four router modes available, allowing everything from traditional secure router functions to acting as a network extender.
The Smart Travel Router and Adapter is available for purchase from Satechi's website and Amazon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options