Comic Life 3 adds new filters and more
Are you a fan of Comic Life? The Mac application has been around for years, giving you the opportunity to put yourself or friends into comic strip-like images complete with halftones and fun titles. For many years, Comic Life came pre-installed on Macs so you could process photos with wild abandon. Time rolls on, and now the developers at Plasq have released Comic Life 3 to the public.
The upgrade to version 3 is significant, so much so that the upgrade from earlier versions costs US$14.99 (introductory price; regular price after October 20 will be $29.99) -- the same as buying a new copy from the Mac App Store or Plasq. What's new in Comic Life 3?
- A script editor if you want to write up a script before lining up your characters in your comic book
- Parametric filters including new Rotoscope, Retro and Sketch filters
- Instant Alpha for removing backgrounds from photos before giving them the Comic Life treatment
- Brush strokes for giving elements a hand-drawn look.
- 3D lettering for titles
- New fill options
- New editing controls, including parametric balloon shapes, rulers, alignment and spacing guides and master page elements
Plasq offers a 30-day free trial if you're not sure the app is right for you, but be sure that you take advantage of the limited time 50 percent discount if you're currently a fan of Comic Life.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype