Loop Attachment Mummy for iPad offers solid protection, keeps your Smart Cover happy
The team at Loop Attachment in Chicago has been busy designing even more fun protective cases for Apple products, and the latest thing to roll out of the labs is the Mummy for the iPad (US$40). What's cool about this silicone sleeve is that it not only mirrors the easily gripped Mummy design for iPhone and offers a nice surrounding sleeve for protection, but that it also works with Apple's Smart Cover to keep your device protected all around.
The Mummy comes in a rainbow of colors, including black, blue, graphite, red, teal and white. The silicone sleeve is easy to install and remove, and provides a comfortable and reliable grip. They're not heavy at all -- 5.3 ounces -- and have openings in all the right places as well as "bump" type pass-through switches where applicable. It will work with all of the iPads except the original model and whatever Apple happens to release next week...
I happen to use a keyboard case with my current iPad, but have a pair of Smart Covers from previous iPads. What's fun about the Mummy sleeve is that I can choose a color to protect the iPad -- like teal -- and then slap a totally different color of Smart Cover on top for a nice two-tone effect (see slideshow below). There are magnets for holding the cover into place when it is folded back out of the way.
The price of the Mummy is extremely reasonable, so if you wanted to get two (or more) for the sake of changing colors daily, you could afford to do so.
If you're looking for fun and colorful protection for your iPad, look no further than Loop Attachment's Mummy for iPad. It's inexpensive, durable and works with your Smart Cover. What else could you ask for?
- Lightweight and made of durable silicone
- Works with Apple's Smart Cover
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Easy to install and remove
- Provides an excellent grip on the otherwise slippery iPad
- None to speak of
Who is it for?
- Anyone who wants playful and stylish protection for their iPad
Just in time for Halloween, we'd like to give two TUAW readers a Loop Attachment Mummy for iPad.
Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before October 22, 2013 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Two winners will be selected and each will receive a Loop Attachment Mummy case for iPad valued at $40
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature