Snoozr Aviator for iOS is a smart rethink of the alarm clock
Snoozr Aviator is a beautifully rendered, free alarm clock app for iOS. The author feels alarm clock apps have gotten too complex, so Snoozr Aviator makes setting an alarm a one-tap event. Tell the app what time you want to be awake, and then the software generates some alarms that vary in intensity until you reach your specified wakeup time. Most other alarms work the other way. They go off at the time set, and then you hit a snooze button as the time gets later and later.
The app lets you adjust the amount of snooze time if you like, or you can stay with the algorithms that the app suggests. The included wake-up sounds vary from subtle to more jolting. They're all effective without being grating.
Graphically, the app is very attractive. The clock face is based on a classic aviator watch and the colors are a good match for an early morning sun.
I hate getting up in the morning, and Snoozr Aviator makes it a more pleasant experience. The app will bypass the mute or do not disturb settings on your iPhone, so no worries there. The app does not have to be running to activate. When the app is on-screen, there is a soft ticking sound. You will get an on-screen wake up alert as well as the alarm sounds at your selected time. Snoozr Aviator requires iOS 5 or greater, and is optimized for the iPhone 5, 5c and 5s.
Snoozr Aviator meets the goal of a useful, simple and very attractive alarm clock. It's free, and worth a try if you're not happy with your current alarm app.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync