USPTO confirms 'Steve Jobs patent'
Last December, the US Patent and Trademark Office gave Apple a tentative rejection on 20 claims by Apple regarding the "Steve Jobs patent" after it was anonymously challenged by one of Apple's rivals. The patent covers a "touch screen device, method and graphical user interface for determining commands by applying heuristics." However, that December 2012 decision was not the end of the story.
Foss Patents has picked up on a decision granted last month by the USPTO that upholds the 20 claims covered by US Patent No. 7,479,949. The September 4, 2013, report reaffirms Apple's patents on a wide range of multitouch technology found in devices like the popular iPhone and iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter