Apple seeds new GM build of OS X Mavericks
If you're a developer who has been using the Golden Master build 13A598 of OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you may want to do a clean install because Apple has just released a new version. As 9to5Mac notes, the new build is 13A603 and as of yet no one has found any differences between the two besides the build numbers, though there are likely some small bug fixes.
It is rare that Apple releases a new GM build of an OS after seeding the first GM build, but it has happened in the past. Of note with this build is it will not show up in Software Update in the Mac App Store if you have the prior GM build installed. You'll need to do a clean install of the 13A603 Mavericks GM build to get it on your system.
Apple is expected to announced the download date of OS X 10.9 Mavericks for consumer use at this Tuesday's event.
If you're a developer who has been using the Golden Master build 13A598 of OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you may want to do a clean install...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs