Apple updates iBooks Author with iBooks for OS X support
Apple has released an update to iBooks Author, its iBooks design, layout, and creation software for OS X. The iBooks Author 2.1 update addresses a number of stability issues and bug fixes, as well as adding support for the new iBooks app included in OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Now with the click of a button iBooks creators can quickly preview the current book they are creating directly in iBooks for OS X.
What's New in Version 2.1
• Preview books in iBooks for Mac
• Addresses an issue that removed enhanced caption tracks from some movies
• Includes various bug fixes and performance improvements
And with the new release of iBooks for Mac, books made with iBooks Author can now be read on the Mac.
iBooks Author is a free download.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter