Apple TV software gets updated to version 6.0.1
Apple has updated the software on the Apple TV to version 6.0.1. There are no immediately noticeable changes once the update is installed, but that's not much of a surprise since Apple says the update addresses "general performance and stability improvements."
Users can download the update by navigating to Settings>General>Software Updates and the select "Update Software." Users can also opt to automatically install future updates from the same screen.
The software update is actually the second to the Apple TV this week. Earlier in the week Apple introduced another channel to the set top box. The new iMovie Theater channel allows users to view clips, movies and trailers from iOS devices and Macs on their Apple TV.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync