Apple TV software gets updated to version 6.0.1
Apple has updated the software on the Apple TV to version 6.0.1. There are no immediately noticeable changes once the update is installed, but that's not much of a surprise since Apple says the update addresses "general performance and stability improvements."
Users can download the update by navigating to Settings>General>Software Updates and the select "Update Software." Users can also opt to automatically install future updates from the same screen.
The software update is actually the second to the Apple TV this week. Earlier in the week Apple introduced another channel to the set top box. The new iMovie Theater channel allows users to view clips, movies and trailers from iOS devices and Macs on their Apple TV.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter