Sotheby's auctioning off special Jony Ive designed Product (RED) Mac Pro
The entry level Mac Pro will set you back about $2,999, but If you've got much deeper pockets you might want to take a look at this one-of-a-kind Product (RED) Mac Pro that was custom designed by both Jony Ive and industrial designer Marc Newson.
The candy red and super sleek Mac Pro will be up for auction at Sotheby's and is expected to fetch any where between $40,000 and $60,000. The auction is set to kick off on November 23 at 7 PM.
Recall that the uniquely colored Mac Pro won't be the only special Apple product up for auction come November. A pair of 18k gold EarPods, also designed by Ive and Newson, will also be up on the auction block.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter