Livescribe 3 smartpen announced for iOS devices
Livescribe has announced its Livescribe 3 smartpen today. The latest version of the popular print-to-digital pen features an ARM9 processor and a lithium-ion battery that lasts for up to 14 hours. Using a high-speed infrared camera at the top of the pen, it captures everything you write and draw and sends that data via Bluetooth to the companion iOS app. Once recorded by the app, users can:
- See your entire page of notes exactly how they were written, via Page View.
- Feed view splits your notes into useful snippets that are arranged chronologically -- allowing you to work with the specific pieces of information you need.
- Search your handwritten notes to easily find what you need, when you need it.
- Flip any snippet to convert handwriting to text. Use the text to create Tasks and Reminders, set up Calendar events, add Contacts and more.
- Sort and organize your notes by adding tags directly from paper or from Livescribe+.
- Pencasts give your notes more depth by syncing recorded audio to everything you write and draw.
- Add photos and text memos to your Feed to provide more context to your handwritten notes.
- Send and share PDFs of your notes, memos and photos through Mail, Messages, Evernote, Dropbox and more.
The Livescribe 3 comes in two versions. For US$150, users get the pen, a starter notebook and a ballpoint ink cartridge. For $200, users get the pen, a journal with more pages, two ballpoint ink cartridges, a leather portfolio and one year of Evernote Premium. The Livescribe+ app is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter