Amazon Cloud Player for Mac: An alternative to iTunes
Amazon today announced the availability of Amazon Cloud Player for Mac (free), providing an alternative way for Mac users to browse, buy, play and manage music on their computers. Amazon previously released the app for iOS devices, also as a free download. The app has a number of features that may be attractive to Mac users compared to iTunes (from the press release):
- One-place for all your music: Play your Amazon and iTunes music all from one place, even when offline.
- A music library that is always up-to-date: Cloud Player automatically detects and adds new music to your library even if you bought it from iTunes or ripped a CD. The app does all the work for you.
- An integrated MP3 Store: You can shop from the Amazon MP3 catalog of more than 25 million songs and discover new music with personalized recommendations, all without having to leave the app.
- AutoRip: Buy an AutoRip CD or vinyl record from Amazon and a free MP3 version of the album will be added to your Cloud Player for Mac library.
- Built for speed: Forget bloated players with extra features you don't need or use. Cloud Player for Mac is lean, mean and made for your music. It'll get you from launch to play in seconds.
- Music management made simple: Download your MP3 purchases automatically or with one click. Export your music to other music players. Create and manage playlists using simple drag-and-drop.
- Instant search & play: Find music easily and quickly. Type anywhere to search for an artist, album or song and play directly from the search results.
- Rich artist content: See artist photos, bios, tweets and gorgeous, large album art.
- Anywhere access: Music purchased using Amazon Cloud Player for Mac is securely backed up in the cloud for free and made instantly available on any Kindle Fire, Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Samsung TV, Roku, Sonos, PC or web browser.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration