LA County sheriff's deputy saved by iPhone charger cable
A Los Angeles (Calif.) County sheriff's deputy was injured in a shooting Tuesday morning in Inglewood, Calif., but things could have been worse had it not been for an Apple Lightning charger cable that was in her pocket. The charger cable actually deflected a bullet that would have otherwise been embedded in the deputy's hip.
In a tweet from the LA County Sheriff official Twitter account, the brave sacrifice of the Lightning cable in taking one for its owner was referred to as a "miracle." From the looks of the cable, the USB end took the brunt of the bullet. Needless to say, the deputy may need to visit an Apple Store soon and get a replacement.
Thanks to TUAW reader Noel S. for the tip.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)