Kanex Simple Dock is a perfect match for your MacBook
Kanex today introduced a new product that's sure to get the attention of MacBook Air and MacBook Pro owners who need a few more USB 3.0 ports and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. The US$119 Kanex Simple Dock makes it easy to gain those ports and fast Ethernet with just a single USB 3.0 connection.
The Simple Dock has a 2.1A charging port for your favorite iOS device, and iPhone owners will love the fact that there's a flat "table" on the top of the dock that's perfect for housing a plugged-in phone. Three USB 3.0 ports expand the capabilities of your MacBook, and there's no need to purchase Apple's $29 Ethernet adapter as the Simple Dock has Gigabit Ethernet built in.
The entire structure of the Simple Dock is made of a zinc alloy that matches the shiny good looks of your MacBook, and cable-management channels on the bottom of the Simple Dock keep your cables from creating an unruly mess on your desktop.
We'll have a full review of the Kanex Simple Dock in the near future; in the meantime, you can visit the Kanex Simple Dock web page for more information.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter