Romotive partners with Brookstone to bring Romo iPhone robot to retail starting today
The Romo iPhone robot is one of the more unique smartphone accessories we've ever seen, and after a couple of rounds of Kickstarter fundraising, the device is now ready for retail. According to a press release from creator Romotive Inc., the company has entered into a deal with retailer Brookstone to bring the fancy robotic add-on to customers starting today. For international customers without access to a physical Brookstone location, you can pick one up via the Brookstone website.
After installing the Romo app on your iPhone 4 or higher, and plugging it into the Romo base, you can control the bot from any other iDevice or from your Mac. You can control the little guy's movements and facial expressions, view a live video feed of what the robot can see and even snap photos and video using the iPhone's built-in camera. The device retails for US149.99.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter