Apple releases Xcode 5.0.2, fixes iOS Simulator hang
After initially seeding it to developers last week, Apple has released Xcode 5.0.2 to the masses. If you're an iOS developer, you'll be happy to hear Apple has apparently fixed that nasty iOS Simulator hang bug that quite a few people were complaining about. Besides that, the new version of Xcode fixes another iOS 6 bug and includes your standard stability improvements.
What's New in Version 5.0.2
Includes SDKs for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and iOS 7.
• Fixes occasional hangs in iOS Simulator during app install, or when debugging.
• Fixes a crash that could occur while debugging on devices running iOS 6.
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements.
Xcode is a free download from the Mac App Store.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter