Apple seeds OS X 10.9.1 beta to developers
Just before the weekend, Apple seeded the first build of OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 developers. The first "X.X.1" builds are usually released fairly quickly -- and are always hotly anticipated by users -- to fix glaring and frustrating bugs that ship in the gold master version of a new major OS X release.
Apple says there are no known bugs in this seed and asks developers to focus on testing Mail, Graphics Drivers and VoiceOver. But just because Apple asked developers to focus on those three areas does not mean other numerous bugs haven't been addressed across the system. And while there is no timeframe for a public release and there could be more beta builds of 10.9.1, it's very likely the build could make it into the hands of users before the Thanksgiving holiday.
Just before the weekend, Apple seeded the first build of OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 developers. The first "X.X.1" builds are usually released...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free