Apple seeds OS X 10.9.1 beta to developers
Just before the weekend, Apple seeded the first build of OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 developers. The first "X.X.1" builds are usually released fairly quickly -- and are always hotly anticipated by users -- to fix glaring and frustrating bugs that ship in the gold master version of a new major OS X release.
Apple says there are no known bugs in this seed and asks developers to focus on testing Mail, Graphics Drivers and VoiceOver. But just because Apple asked developers to focus on those three areas does not mean other numerous bugs haven't been addressed across the system. And while there is no timeframe for a public release and there could be more beta builds of 10.9.1, it's very likely the build could make it into the hands of users before the Thanksgiving holiday.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration