Apple TV adds PBS and Yahoo
Apple TV's continuing expansion rolled on today with the addition of PBS and Yahoo's Screen channel. The streaming box has been steadily adding channels from the likes of Disney and ESPN over the last year.
PBS fans eager to watch the channel on Apple TV will first need to sign in using their Facebok or PBS's registration system, then identify the PBS affiliate for their area. But don't get your hopes up about binge watching Downton Abbey just yet. The service doesn't offer live streams, and according to AllThingsD, PBS plans on cycling out content based on when it airs on broadcast stations. If you want to get your Abbey on you're still going to have to go to Amazon's streaming service, which currently has exclusive rights to air full seasons.
Yahoo's Screen channel on the other hand is more of a sampling service, offering trailers, clips of TV shows and clips from Yahoo web partners like ABC News and The Onion.
As always, the new channels should be available on your Apple TV the next time you turn it on.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update