Apple TV adds PBS and Yahoo
Apple TV's continuing expansion rolled on today with the addition of PBS and Yahoo's Screen channel. The streaming box has been steadily adding channels from the likes of Disney and ESPN over the last year.
PBS fans eager to watch the channel on Apple TV will first need to sign in using their Facebok or PBS's registration system, then identify the PBS affiliate for their area. But don't get your hopes up about binge watching Downton Abbey just yet. The service doesn't offer live streams, and according to AllThingsD, PBS plans on cycling out content based on when it airs on broadcast stations. If you want to get your Abbey on you're still going to have to go to Amazon's streaming service, which currently has exclusive rights to air full seasons.
Yahoo's Screen channel on the other hand is more of a sampling service, offering trailers, clips of TV shows and clips from Yahoo web partners like ABC News and The Onion.
As always, the new channels should be available on your Apple TV the next time you turn it on.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app