Apple TV adds PBS and Yahoo
Apple TV's continuing expansion rolled on today with the addition of PBS and Yahoo's Screen channel. The streaming box has been steadily adding channels from the likes of Disney and ESPN over the last year.
PBS fans eager to watch the channel on Apple TV will first need to sign in using their Facebok or PBS's registration system, then identify the PBS affiliate for their area. But don't get your hopes up about binge watching Downton Abbey just yet. The service doesn't offer live streams, and according to AllThingsD, PBS plans on cycling out content based on when it airs on broadcast stations. If you want to get your Abbey on you're still going to have to go to Amazon's streaming service, which currently has exclusive rights to air full seasons.
Yahoo's Screen channel on the other hand is more of a sampling service, offering trailers, clips of TV shows and clips from Yahoo web partners like ABC News and The Onion.
As always, the new channels should be available on your Apple TV the next time you turn it on.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service