Find'em Tracking's really thin Bluetooth tracking device
It appears that 2013 is the year of the Bluetooth tracker. We've covered the nio Tag and Kensington Proximo Key Fob and Phone Finder in the past two weeks; now comes word of a remarkably thin Bluetooth tracking device from Find'em Tracking. The Find'em Tracking Cards (pre-order now, one for US24.99, two for US$44.99) are the thickness of two credit cards placed back to back, have an 18-month battery life and work hand in hand with an iOS app for instant tracking of valuables.
As with the other devices we've reviewed, the Find'em Tracking Cards can let you know the minute your iOS device and the card are out of range (from 10 to 150 feet) of each other. There's a button on the card to make your phone ring if you've lost it.
The app provides a "tracking radar" to advise you on how far away you are from one of the Tracking Cards, and if you're out of range or didn't hear an alert, the app will show you on an integrated map exactly where the two devices -- iPhone and Tracking Card -- were last talking to each other.
There's a special feature of the Find'em Tracking Cards -- pop them in your luggage, and you'll know exactly when your luggage is delivered onto the carousel at the airport for easy pickup. The cards are definitely less expensive than the other options we've looked at, and the app will be available in English, Spanish, Russian and French. We hope to have some samples for review soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature