iBank 5 for the Mac available from IGG Software
After more than a year of development, iBank 5 for the Mac is available from IGG Software. The updated version of the Quicken alternative brings new features such as BillPay and support for IGG's exclusive Direct Access banking service.
iBank 5 ships with a handful of major improvements and even more smaller ones. The most important changes include:
- Bill Pay: iBank 5 will connect to your bank and allow you to manage payments directly within the app.
- One-button updating: One tap of a button will pull down all transactions from connected accounts, sync your data across devices, update securities prices and more.
- Direct Access: Direct Access is a subscription service offered by IGG that'll automatically update your transactions by connecting to over 10,000 banks worldwide. Originally only supported on the iPad, the service is now available to Mac users. It is free for a 30-day trial, after that it will cost you US$4.99 a month or $39.99 a year.
- Improved budgeting: An improved budgeting feature automatically adds in recurring transactions and other scheduled transactions. Budgets will now sync to the new iBank for iPad app as well.
Along with a new version of iBank for the Mac, IGG also updated its iPad app, improving the app so it'll work alongside the Mac version.
iBank 5 for the Mac is available only from IGG's website for $59.99. The Mac App Store will be coming soon. Good news if you already own iBank 4, as you can purchase an upgrade for $29.99. If you've never used iBank, you can download a free, unlimited 30-day trial to test it out. As for technical requirements, iBank 5 requires OS X 10.8 or higher and is compatible with OS X Mavericks.
Top Personal Finance App For Mac Now Offers Bill Pay, Better Budgets and More
(PUTNEY, VT) - IGG Software today announced the release of iBank 5, a full-version upgrade to its popular money management program for Mac. Among dozens of new features and improvements, iBank 5 delivers improved importing of bank transactions, enhanced budgets, better investment support, and online bill pay. The app also offers automatic account updates via Direct Access, IGG's exclusive service for bank connections worldwide.
"We've taken iBank to a new level," says IGG president Ian Gillespie. "From bank connections to budgets to bill payment, we re-imagined an application that was already quite capable and found ways to make it both simpler and more powerful. Mac users expect their favorite apps to work effortlessly and seamlessly, and we believe the new iBank makes day-to-day personal finance management more of a pleasure and less of a chore."
With many significant new features and enhancements in iBank 5, those of interest to both current and future users include:
- Bill pay
iBank 5 will connect to most major U.S. banks from within the app, allowing users to schedule and send payments, track those transactions and categorize the expenses, all with easy in-app set-up and a few simple clicks.
- One-button updating
An Update Everything button on the iBank 5 toolbar imports all transactions from directly connected accounts, syncs devices, updates securities prices, and downloads current Direct Access data. Even users with many accounts, diverse investments and finances in multiple currencies may never have to enter another transaction manually.
- Direct Access
IGG's exclusive subscription service for automatically updating transactions in all accounts was introduced last year with iBank for iPad. Now available in iBank 5, it connects to over 10,000 banks worldwide. In addition, a single Direct Access account allows subscribers to sync that data between iBank 5 for Mac and iBank for iPad 2.
- Smarter budgeting
With a streamlined design that offers daily progress updates at a glance, iBank's new budgets automatically incorporate scheduled transactions such as recurring income and bills. Users can view historic budgets accurately even as adjustments are made to future budgets, and budgets will sync to iBank for iPad 2 as well.
Among other features, iBank 5 adds:
• enhanced investment support for bonds and options;
• an updated set-up assistant for more accurate imports from Quicken or other programs;
• superior elimination of duplicate transactions from bank downloads;
• improvements to scheduled transactions, for integration with budgets and Reminders;
• sync of scheduled transactions with iBank for iPad 2;
• inline imports that go directly to transaction registers;
• better use of import rules to speed categorization;
• a new Resolve View to see recent transaction activity in an account at a glance;
• improved capabilities for filtering transactions;
• the ability to categorize investment transactions;
• superior loan support;
• and countless refinements to the underlying code to enhance speed, stability and accuracy.
iBank 5.0 is available from the IGG online store for $59.99. Users have the option of downloading the app as an unlimited, 30-day free trial. All licensed users of iBank 4 may install the app, use it in trial mode, and purchase upgrades from within version 5; the price for upgrades via IGG is $29.99.
For optional, automatic updating of transactions, users of iBank 5 have the opportunity to try Direct Access for free during a 30-day trial. Maintaining the service costs as little as 11 cents a day: just $4.99 per month, or $39.99 for an annual subscription; that data can be synced with iBank for iPad 2 directly from the desktop app over local Wi-Fi or via WebDAV server.
Release of iBank 5 via the Mac App Store and other outlets will follow. The new version requires Mac OS X 10.8 or higher and is fully compatible with 10.9 Mavericks.
IGG Software, Inc., was founded in 2003 by developer Ian Gillespie to offer intuitive, elegant and powerful applications for individuals and small businesses. Based in Putney, Vermont, IGG develops the iBank family of apps exclusively for the Mac and for iOS devices. For further information, review licenses, or to schedule interviews with Ian Gillespie or CTO James Gillespie, please contact IGG Marketing Director Scott Marc Becker: email@example.com.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)