Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs
Apple has released an update to its new iMovie software for OS X. Though the minor update offers the usual bug fixes, there is one major improvement those with older Macs will be interested in: The latest iMovie can now be installed on computers with some older video cards. Previously the latest iMovie required a Mac with an OpenCL-capable video card installed, but with the 10.0.1 update, any Mac that can run OS X Mavericks can now install and run the app.
Besides support for older Macs, iMovie 10.0.1 also addresses reliability issues when updating projects and events from previous versions of iMovie. iMovie is US$14.99 in the Mac App Store.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter