Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs
Apple has released an update to its new iMovie software for OS X. Though the minor update offers the usual bug fixes, there is one major improvement those with older Macs will be interested in: The latest iMovie can now be installed on computers with some older video cards. Previously the latest iMovie required a Mac with an OpenCL-capable video card installed, but with the 10.0.1 update, any Mac that can run OS X Mavericks can now install and run the app.
Besides support for older Macs, iMovie 10.0.1 also addresses reliability issues when updating projects and events from previous versions of iMovie. iMovie is US$14.99 in the Mac App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options