Airport, Time Capsule hard drive issues get fixed in latest firmware update
Apple has released a firmware update for its Airport Express and Time Capsule products that fixes a nasty USB hard drive issue that had widely been reported in Apple's support communities. AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule base stations Firmware 7.7.2 fixes an issue that prevented a USB hard drive connected to an AirPort Extreme from appearing as an available disk in Time Machine. The issue, of course, meant that many people's data were not being backed up via Time Machine.
Firmware update 7.7.2 is for AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule base stations with 802.11ac.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a USB hard drive connected to an AirPort Extreme from appearing as an available disk in Time Machine
- Resolves an issue that may intermittently cause a loss in WAN connectivity
- Resolves an issue that may result in a network loop
Users can download the latest update via Software Update on their Macs or directly from Apple's downloads page here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)