Airport, Time Capsule hard drive issues get fixed in latest firmware update
Apple has released a firmware update for its Airport Express and Time Capsule products that fixes a nasty USB hard drive issue that had widely been reported in Apple's support communities. AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule base stations Firmware 7.7.2 fixes an issue that prevented a USB hard drive connected to an AirPort Extreme from appearing as an available disk in Time Machine. The issue, of course, meant that many people's data were not being backed up via Time Machine.
Firmware update 7.7.2 is for AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule base stations with 802.11ac.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a USB hard drive connected to an AirPort Extreme from appearing as an available disk in Time Machine
- Resolves an issue that may intermittently cause a loss in WAN connectivity
- Resolves an issue that may result in a network loop
Users can download the latest update via Software Update on their Macs or directly from Apple's downloads page here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync