AllCast app allows Android users to stream video to Apple TV
A new app for Android allows users to stream video content from their Android devices to Apple TV. The app, called AllCast, was created by ClockworkMod dev Koushik Dutta and is currently in beta. Once AllCast is installed on your Android device, simply go to the cast button in a video and select Apple TV from the list. Within a few seconds, the video on your Android device will begin playing on your Apple TV.
Currently only content that is locally stored on an Android device can be streamed to the Apple TV. Video from streaming apps such as Netflix on Android won't work. In addition to the Apple TV, AllCast also works with Roku, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Samsung Smart TVs, and some other devices. To get the AllCast beta, users must first join this community and then download the beta from the Google Play store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs